Friday, June 01, 2007

Stumbling into success

News from beyond the greenzone, you know at the sharp end of the stick.
Hats off to Outside the Wire., another great little story, one you wont see on the evening news.

PS, I didn't suspect my wife was Iraqi, but this could explain it.....
As is often the case, the IPs did not immediately report what happened and even then the IP, like most Iraqis, have difficulty with spatial relationships, maps and directions.

Iraqis tend to know only one unit of measure--one kilometer. Everything is one kilometer, even if it is 200 meters or 2000 meters, it is one kilometer.

I our house its much much less serious, but still frustrating, to me anyway.

"Just down the road" she says
"how far down the road?" I ask
"I don't know, a little way" she says
"A mile or 40 feet down the road?" I ask
"I don't know, just a little way down the road" she replies
"Yes dear"

No comments: