Wednesday, March 23, 2005

God gets up early.

Being the lukewarm Christian that I am, I have not attended the men's morning group at my church for quite some time. I actually don't mind getting up early in the mornings, but hitting the shower at 5:30 to get to the meeting an hour later takes a bit more effort than I have been able to muster lately.

I was browsing the church web site last night looking for Easter service times and saw the men's group meeting. It was late, but I thought it would be good to get the day started with prayer and fellowship. I am glad I did not hit the snooze button. I have been thing all day about what we talked about this morning, living for heaven or living for this world.

My wife was asleep when I decided to go to the meeting last night and she was asleep when I left this morning. When she came home this evening she asked me where I went so early and I told her. She then asked why we meet at 6:30 in the morning? I said that God gets up early and we wanted to be with him.
She rolled her eyes and muttered something about my sanity.

No comments: