Thursday, July 14, 2005

An update to my dilemma

When I walked into my managers office this morning and asked if I could close the door, her reaction was visible. I told her that I was resigning and told her of my other job offer. We talked about the opportunity at the University, she has many friends that work there and understood why I made my decision. I told her that I would stay on through August first and we talked about the list of candidates that she interviewed and would contact this week to schedule a second interview.

She wished me well and I did the same, I told her honestly that I have had many public sector clients in the past and her department stands out by the way everyone works together and actually works hard. I have seen many government departments where half the people are just counting the years until they can retire at 80% pay. They eager ones get burned out and eventually assimilate to their environment or move on. The problem employees don't go anywhere, they just sit at their desks and do as little as possible, and sometimes less.

So I will continue to work hard for the County until my last day. Then I start work on Monday for the University.

No comments: