Monday, August 20, 2007

Indentured servant update

The finish line is in site. After what have been three very long weeks, my wife is due to have the cast taken off her leg on Wednesday. Oh the joy! ( hopefully she will not read this and crush my skull with one of her crutches)

All kidding aside, I must say that I have learned a few valuable lessons from my time as domestic emperor of the castle. I will share them with you now.
  1. Plants need to be watered every day, not just once in while or every other day. Every flippin day.
  2. The dog will break through the expanded metal grid you thought had closed the hole in her yard, and howl like a herd of rabid mountain gorillas at 3 AM at the irrigator in the field across the road, when you need a full night sleep the most.
  3. Two adults and two children produce enough laundry to fill a 40 foot cargo container every week.
  4. Scrubbing and mopping the kitchen and laundry room floor is actually much harder than you imagine.
  5. Kids want to eat dinner, every night. Oh how I wish for the days when I lived within delivery distance of Mountain Mike's Pizza.
  6. Don't prune the roses with a pair of electricians side cutters.
  7. I don't care for the new 'tablets' of dish washing soap they sell now, I want a big jug of liquid, thank you very much.
  8. If you scratch your wife's leg inside the cast with a long plastic shoe horn one time, it is then your duty for the entire length of the cast wearing process. And finally-
  9. Smile and say, "Yes Dear"
I think I hear the sound of crutches coming from the front room,,, gotta go!

No comments: