Thursday, August 02, 2007

Painfully un-hip part II

As many of you may have guessed, I am painfully un-hip. Its not that I have crawled into my comfortable little box and shut lid on the outside world, I listen to my son's music, mostly to see what kind of musical influences he is taking in, but I try to stay open to new things. I let my co workers take me to try Vietnamese's food, which I like and I have been known to buy a new music CD that I have never heard if its a local band, but try as I may, I am cannot break through the un hippness that sticks to me like dog hair on a new suit.

This weekend my son and I are heading down to Monterey to check out the Spirit West Christan Music Festival. I wanted to go down Friday and see Third Day and my son wanted to see Kutless, but we will probable miss them by the time we get down there.

I love the ocean and it doesn't get much better than Monterey. The festival is at the Laguna Seca racetrack which is a few miles from the ocean and can get very hot in August but the weather is supposed to cooperate and stay in the 70s.

I haven't been to Laguna Seca since I was cool. My buddy Dan and I rode our crotch rockets down to watch the Superbike races. I think that was 13 years ago. Like I said, it has been long time since I was hip, but dang it, at one time I was pretty cool. I could always hang on to those times with a death like grasp, but I am comfortable in my un hipness.

Almost.

No comments: