Friday, June 20, 2008

Ah the wonders of a 22" wide screen monitor

I have never been the kind of person who has to have the newest or fastest new widget, but I believe I have squeezed every last bit of life out of my Compaq laptop. I purchased the Presario 2500 in 2003, right after the merger of Compaq and HP. Heck its probably one of the last products shipped out with the Compaq name on it. I have been through two hard drives, two operating system upgrades and it has been a workhorse for me. The Pentium 4 processor was smokin' hot at the time I purchased it, but as technology goes it has been woefully inadequate for two years or more. I have been trying to explain to my wife that a five year old computer is equivalent to a 30 year old horse, it still eats and poops, but other than those basic functions, its pretty useless.

Having been in the business for a few years, this might surprise you but I purchased my new HP desktop system from Costco. I probably could have beaten the price on a feature to feature system at dell or from a VAR, but I like being able to deal with Costco, not the nightmare of customer service through the manufacturer.

My new monitor is the HP w2207h.

I have one word to describe it.

Suh-weet.
22" wide screen, built in speakers, tilt it up for portrait or sideways for landscape. Very cool, I wanted to see how it looked playing a DVD so I popped in Master and Commander and I was impressed, the wide screen format fits the monitor just right. I turned off the light in my office and watched the whole movie.

I am still tinkering around but all is well right now, and I don't hate Vista yet.

No comments: