Sunday, August 27, 2006

The City of New Orleans leadership caught sleeping again?

I used to be in sales and project management. I was the road for days and weeks at a time. When I had a meeting in a strange town, I would get up early enough to be at my appointment an hour early if possible. If I had to find a Starbucks or wait in the parking garage going over my material, that was fine, I hate being late. Besides, I can't sleep in hotel rooms so I am up anyway.

Which brings me to this morning Fox News Sunday. With the one year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina on Tuesday, this week will be filled with stories of how the Bush administration is botching the rebuilding process and the truly sad stories of people who will be living with the effects of the hurricane for years. Scheduled to be on FNS today was Oliver Thomas, the President of the New Orleans City Council. Chris Wallace said after the first segment with Don Powell, the head of the Federal clean up effort, that Mr. Thomas was running late. Later in the show, after listening to Joe Biden pimp himself for his presidential run 2008, Wallace said that Oliver Thomas had overslept and would not appear on the show that day and that he had missed an official briefing of the current hurricane Ernesto, now downgraded to a tropical storm.

Way to go Oliver, you make a wonderful case for the efficiency and effectiveness of the local government in New Orleans. The public must have an immeasurable amount of confidence in the City Council and the Mayor's office.

1 comment:

Ayatollah Mugsy said...

The leaders of New Orleans are clearly still on the ball. I can't wait to hear Mr. Thomas compare his snooze button to a hole in the ground in New York.