Monday, May 14, 2007

Camping, on Memorial Day?

My daughter wants to go camping on her Birthday. It is close to the Memorial Day holiday so we have bent to her will and will be packing up the camper and heading out on the holiday weekend.
My wife's parents live across the street and will be feeding the dogs and such, it is nice to have someone right there to keep an eye on your place when you're away, we do the same for them.

So why have I given in to this obvious lack of reason? My daughter is cute.
Thats pretty much it.

My wife tried to find a campground reservation in every nation forest in northern California to no avail. I came home on Saturday and started looking off the beaten path, I had to way off the beaten path to the goat trails to find a spot to camp away from the crowds. I found one.

No, I'm not telling you where it is. Lets just say it lies between two volcanoes and has more cows than people. My kind of place.
The kids will love the water falls, lakes and forests. I will try to get some reading in.

I feel more relaxed just thinking about it.

No comments: