Monday, June 11, 2007

And then there is this...

Great marketing, strange event.

He teaches court reporting at the College of Marin. She is a stay-at-home mom. Sunday marked the 39th wedding anniversary for Tom and Candace Holub.

So the couple from Vallejo celebrated by waking at 5 a.m., donning gorilla suits and masks and heading to San Francisco, where they joined hundreds of other people dressed as the largest of the apes for a charity run through Golden Gate Park.
Sitting on a bench near the band shell before the race began, Candace Holub held a yellow parasol with one paw and embraced a small stuffed gorilla toy with the other. "As we were driving here, I asked Tom, 'Would you have married me if you had known that on our 39th anniversary we'd be sitting here in gorilla suits?' " Apparently, a response came slowly. "I had to think about it," he said with a laugh.


Monkeys make me nervous, so I did not attend. Especially monkeys is wrestling masks.

No comments: