Thursday, June 28, 2007

Jim Nielsen is running for CA 2nd assembly district.

I have had a few chances to meet Jim Nielson and they have all been positive experiences.
I look forward to talking with him about the race.

Jim Nielsen, who once represented much of Northern California in the State Senate, today announced that he would seek the open 2nd Assembly District seat held by Assemblyman Doug LaMalfa. LaMalfa will be leaving the Assembly next year, having served his full three terms.



"I believe that today's legislature could use a dose of experience, and a double dose of common sense," said Nielsen. "I am as tough an advocate for farmers, property owners, crime victims and taxpayers as you're going to find anywhere, but I believe that you do more for your cause by being civil than by the partisan wrangling that too often characterizes politics today."

No comments: