Friday, June 15, 2007

Fore!

Have 911 on the speed dial of your cell phone if you're playing Golf at the Arbuckle Golf Club tomorrow. That's right, after 18 months of nary a putt, my son and I are playing a round of golf with the Men's group at our church. This should be equal parts, fun, terror and humiliation. We are going back to Woodland after golf for lunch so at least I will be able to do something I am good at.

I have never been able to break 95, even when I was in sales and vendors took me out golfing twice a month, I would shoot right around 100. Its not that I have a bad swing, or a bad feel for the short game, although that is where I struggle most. My problem is even when I am playing bogey golf with a par mixed in for good measure, I will have one hole per side that kills me. I can be doing ok and then, wham! I am in the trees and then in the bunker, sail it back over the green, chip on, and then three putt for a snowman or worse.

Grass should be grazed by cattle, not walked over chasing a little white ball.

Scotts, go figure.

1 comment:

Walt Lucas said...

Thank goodness for the scramble format. I was able to drive the ball well for not having played in almost two years. I have never been a big hitter, I average about 240- 260 yards off the tee and I think our group used four of my drives on the nine holes we played. My son sank two putts, one from about 15 feet away to save par.

All in all, a great time golfing followed by a BBQ back at the church youth center and of course a Bayside Woodland first annual golf outing t-shirt.