Monday, June 04, 2007

“Ya’all breastfeed now, you hear.”

Ok, its late and I have been up since 5:00 but I had to post this before I went to bed.

This is a real radio PSA for breastfeeding. You will have to imagine a 1970 country music singer, like Mac Davis singing these lines to a twangy country melody;

Mamma could plow a field with one hand, and chop a log just as well as a man. When it came to increasin' disease resistance, that woman could lactate like nobody's business. Mamma's nursin' helped raise a healthy family. there's nothin' she wouldn't do, she helped us kids get through, with less risk for ear infections and respiratory illnesses. When I think of mamma, brings a tear to my eye. She gave from her heart, or somewheres nearby.

Ya'all breastfeed now, you hear.

It was the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

No comments: