Sunday, February 06, 2005

Superbowl Sunday

I woke up this morning, put on my sweats and headed out the door with Jake the wonderdog to go for our morning walk. Jake has no wonder powers or anything to that effect, he is just incredibly dumb, it's a wonder that he can remember to breathe. So off we went for our three mile jaunt down to the Java Station for a cup of coffee and a bagel to split between us. I remembered about halfway there that the Java Station doesn't open on Sunday till 8:00. Darn it. So we returned to the house to make breakfast for the family. Usually my wife takes my daughter to work on Sundays, but today she wanted to stay with me and my son. My son protested to no end about being home with his sister all day. My son is a great kid and loves his sister as long as she is not bothering him. This rarely happens.
So today I have both kids for Superbowl. Since the game won't actually kick off until 4:30, I am doing chores to break up the seven hours of 'pre-game'. Mowing the back yard again, plant the first spring flowers in the planters on the deck, then hit the grocery store to get my snacks and drinks in case someone stops by.
As much as I like football, unless my team is playing, I can't get too worked up about it.
I hope you have (or had) a great Superbowl Sunday, My kids and I will sit back and enjoy the game and maybe even let Jake the wonderdog inside to watch the Pats beat the Eagles.


1 comment:

Craig DeLuz said...

I tried to leave a comment on your "Raising Christian Children" post. But there was no place to leave the comment. I always enjoy your posts. As a matter of fact, I have added you to my local links. Great Job