Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm hit!

They got me.
The dang counterfeit corporate holiday conglomeration, the CCHC for short, made me feel so guilty I actually broke down and bought my wife a Valentine's day greeting card. I also bought cards for my son and daughter to give to her, giving me a grand total of three greeting cards and thus qualifying me to purchase a small stuffed dog for the discounted price of $3.99, it usually sells for 9.99. They sank their hooks in deep on this one so I bought the dog too. It actually looks a bit like my wife's Jack Russel terrier Lexi, the little ball of hate.



I came home tonight and rummaged through my daughter's coloring sets until I found a brown marker, they don't make many brown markers you know, and started converting the white beagle looking stuffed toy into some semblance of Lexi. It worked, the nose is little large for a JRT but the coloring is spot on.

My wife and I don't usually exchange gifts on Valentine's day, but the CCHC pressure was too much to bare.

Stop me before I buy a St. Patrick's Day card!

1 comment:

Katy Grimes said...

I am sure that even though you succummed to the pressure, your wife appreciated the thought and creativity!

thanks for your kind words about my son. It won't be long before your kids are making these kinds of choices because you're raising them right and well.