Saturday, February 10, 2007

Rudy day at the convention

It was definitely Rudy day at the 2007 California Republican Convention. Rudy's lunch was sold out, even the overflow room was sold out, but by a turn of good fortune I was tipped off to the location where I could snap this photo of Mayor Giuliani. From the three people I spoke with who listened to the Mayor's speech, all were impressed. I could only stand outside and wait for a photo op, but what the heck, I shook his hand.


This is me and the some dude in an Uncle Sam Elephant suit ( I am the one on the right)



These are the miserable folks who were protesting Rudy in the rain. (Sucks to be you today)
Someone needs to go back to protester school. Hey Rudy, Surge This! That was their message. Whatever.


The police were out in force making sure everyone behaved, this guy was hamming it up for my camera.

The convention is a bit overwhelming for a newbie, but I did run into one of my fellow Western Alliance bloggers Craig DeLuz and former WA blogger( a little bird told me he may be blogging in the future ) Aaron Park. I am going back Sunday to the convention, I just wish I didn't have to miss church.

I will report tomorrow.

1 comment:

Andy Nevis said...

I wish I would have known before hand that they were giving out press credentials for bloggers. I already had mine with the Sac Union but we probably could have gotten you and Katelyn as well as some of the other WA bloggers into all of the events for free.