Saturday, February 03, 2007

Is it too much to ask?

Can you just do your job, the one we are paying you for, and keep you social activism to your off hours? Don't hand them out from your tax payer funded office. If you feel so strongly about this cause I am sure you can mail your 'certificates' to the couples from your house.

With Lois Wolk termed out, I wonder if she has aspirations on the 8th assembly seat?

(From the Sac Bee)
Yolo County Clerk-Recorder Freddie Oakley plans to present "certificates of inequality" to same-sex pairs on Valentine's Day. She says she designed the certificates to ease her soul over having to deny marriage licenses to gays and lesbians.


Freddie, the former lobbyist, said at one time that she might defy the Governor and not hold the special election in 2004. She seems to hold a mighty high opinion of herself.

The law? Who cares. If it goes against my beliefs or politics, I"ll just ignore it, or make up some super cool certificates to show how unjust the laws are.

Did the Senate confirm Mrs. Oakley to the US Supreme Court while I was in Red Bluff last week?

No? I didn't think so, she is still just the Yolo County Clerk/Recorder.
Do that job first, leave the gay marriage laws writing to Mark Leno, I am sure it will be on the Governors desk again shortly.

I am sorry she feel the need to 'ease her soul' but c'mon, do it on your own time Mrs. Oakley.

2 comments:

Walt Lucas said...

Update.

I saw our friend and fellow WA blogger Craig DeLuz on News 10 talking about Freddie and her certificates. Great job Craig.

Katy Grimes said...

If it was just about 15 minutes of fame I might be able to take it. But these agenda driven kooks use their public offices as a springboard right into politics. How are they serving the public exactly?