Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's Friday eve.

I like Thursdays. Even when I wake and feel little tired and wrung out from a hard week, I have a bit more bounce in my step on Thursdays. Friday drags on at times and the same way the chase is sometimes better than the actual catch, some Fridays don't live up to their billing. But you can always count on Thursday to get your mind thinking of the weekend. Chores, honey do's, football, dang were almost out of football, the kids basketball games, and sometimes even a date with my wife.

Married couples should go out on a date from time to time, this means more than once a year fellas, find a sitter to watch the kids if you have them, find a good restaurant that has an early bird special and turn your phone off. The early dinner is a key at least for my wife and I. This past weekend I pushed her to the limits by staying out dancing in Red Bluff until midnight both nights but I made sure we slept in the next day. 11:00 PM might as well be 3:00 AM for my wife, she is in bed most nights by 9:30 and reads till 10:00 and then it lights out. An early dinner just to listen to her talk about what's going on at work goes along way.

Have a good Friday.

No comments: