Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ever wanted to burn your calendar?

I have one more event marked on my calendar for the foreseeable future. That event is the Woodland Republican Club's picnic at Fern Park this Saturday evening from 5:00 to 7:00. Tom Del Baccaro will be the featured speaker and I am sure Daniel Caddy with California for Thompson will be there as well. It will be a good time and a great opportunity for Republicans to come together and remember what a great job we are doing locally and find out what is in store for the future.

The past few months have been incredibly busy for me, not that I am complaining mind you, its just that I would like to have a weekend where I can elect to do nothing at all. Poor me? Not hardly.

It is times like theses when I remember that somewhere a half a world a way, some 20 something soldier from a little town I never heard of is strapping on his gear, saying a prayer and checking his weapon before he goes out on patrol, the same way he has been everyday for months. That makes me feel guilty as can be that I am sitting here bitching about the fact that I haven't been able to take my boat out on the lake this year. I'm sure that soldier would give six months pay for a day on a lake with his family or friends, laughing and having few cold ones.

As the Fourth of July fades from our memories, remember this; if you think your burdens are too much to handle, there are folks out there who would gladly exchange problems with you.

No comments: