Sunday, July 29, 2007

Personal chef, physical therapist, and all around cabana boy, Day one.

Saturday afternoon found me ready to tackle cleaning up the garage when the phone rang. It was my mother in law who told me that my wife may have broken her ankle when she was kicked by a horse on a trail ride. So off to the emergency room I went to check up on my bride and give her a ride home. It didn't look very bad, but the x-rays came back showing a broken fibula. The fracture is not displaced and looks stable so the ortho will call us on Monday and schedule putting on a cast.

Meanwhile I am pulling double duty. While I do the majority of the cooking at our house, my wife does the other housekeeping functions. These are the times when you realize just how much work it must be when you are a single parent. My wife is sitting on the couch with her foot elevated and iced while I am running for this and that as well as making lunch and straightening up the house.

I have chicken soaking in buttermilk right now getting it ready for frying tonight.

I just hope she will be ok when I go to work tomorrow.

No comments: