Saturday, November 18, 2006

Gay penguins and other such nonsense.

Maybe you have seen the story about a children's book with the title "And Tango Makes Three".

I must first admit that I have not read the book and cannot substantiate the content myself, but from the news reports, the book seems to tell the story of two male penguins who adopt a young penguin to raise. It is said that the tale is loosely based on a real life incident at New York's central park zoo.

Some folks want the book removed from public school libraries, some embrace its gay adoption overtones, I am not ready to go march on the library to demand it be thrown out, I just think it should have a sub title like' how two daddy penguins raised a chick together', I may want to steer my kindergartener away from that one..

My main concern would be that my four or five year old would check the book out, read it, and come to me asking why the two daddy penguins are in love with each other?

That is not a discussion I want to have with my four or five year old just yet.

The GLBT activists want homosexuality taught as early as possible in our schools, it seems they feel if they can get their message out to children that a homosexual lifestyle is normal and acceptable, those children will grow up to have move favorable view of that lifestyle.

I have this conversation with friends and co-workers all the time. I don't care what you do behind closed doors, if you are an adult you want to have sex with an adult of the same gender, have at it, I could care less.

The problem I have is when you tell me I have to celebrate your sexual habits or be labeled a homophobe. Not that I care what you label me mind you, a homophobe is someone who feels scared or threatened by homosexuals, I don't feel threatened at all, well maybe by these guys. If you want to define yourself by the way you have sexual intercourse, you are selling yourself short. But that is your business. Don't make it mine, and please keep your propaganda out of my children's books.

No comments: