Sunday, November 26, 2006

Get along little doggies

Once a year we take our calves to the auction, since my cows calve in the spring, we wean them in the fall and take them to the sale. My wife and I just beat the rain that started just as we closed the trailer door. We had some great looking heifers this year, and when we ran two ranches it was easy to wean the heifers, let them mature a while and breed them to another bull at the other ranch.

We don't have our fences up at the Esparto place so we took our heifers to the sale. They will make someone a great group of mother cows in a few years.

I enjoy the fall but I am looking foreword to spring calving and branding time. Now I just need to start riding my new horse. He has never seen cattle before and it may get a little western the first time I throw a rope off him. Hmm, I may ask the new owner of my old horse if I can borrow him for a day, that sounds a bit safer.

1 comment:

Justin said...

hey, nice post...you too can check out this post on pit bulls. I hope u'll like it..