Thursday, November 16, 2006

Monty Python, the Holy Grail and just being silly.

Some folks, including my wife and son, do not find Monty Python entertaining in the least bit. I however, laugh until my stomach aches.

Directed by;
40 SPECIALLY TRAINED ECUADORIAN MOUNTAIN LLAMAS
6 VENEZUELAN RED LLAMAS
142 MEXICAN WHOOPING LLAMAS
14 NORTH CHILEAN GUANACOS(CLOSELY RELATED TO THE LLAMA)
REG LLAMA OF BRIXTON
76000 BATTERY LLAMAS FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY

and

TERRY GILLIAM AND TERRY JONES


I started a new job soon after I returned from my hunting trip. As it turns out I am working with a friend whom I had worked with at another company years ago. He is rather silly, we have been working together for the last week or so and it is just like old times. We spend the day working and reciting lines from movies and changing the lyrics to songs. We are both way too old for this type of behavior, but we are having a great time. MP's Holy Grail is one of our favorites.

ARTHUR
I am your king!

OLD WOMAN
Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR
You don't vote for kings.

OLD WOMAN
Well, how did you become king, then?

ARTHUR
The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite,
held Excalibur aloft from the bosom of the water to signify by
Divine Providence ... that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur ...
That is why I am your king!

OLD WOMAN
Is Frank in? He'd be able to deal with this one.

DENNIS
Look, strange women lying on their backs in ponds handing out
swords ... that's no basis for a system of government. Supreme
executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from
some farcical aquatic ceremony.


ARTHUR
Be quiet!

DENNIS
You can't expect to wield supreme executive power
just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR
Shut up!

DENNIS
I mean, if I went around saying I was an Emperor because some
moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, people would
put me away!

I am chuckling as I write this post.
If you don't like MP's humor, I suggest this, go out into forest, then you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest ... with a herring!

No comments: