Saturday, November 11, 2006

How do you work this evil little contraption?

I just received a 4GB iPod nano for my birthday. It looks cool, but when I plugged it into my laptop it wanted to download iTunes and thought, sure, I have heard good things about iTunes. I just didn't know it was 35 freakin' megabits! I am one of those tortured few who do not have access to broadband, and when the rain comes, dial-up performance drops down to about 34k. How does a two and half hour download grab you?
I'm all set to go right? Wrong.
I need to download a software upgrade. No biggie right? Wrong.
25 freakin' megabits and almost two hour later, I have what I think is all the 1's and 0's I need to make this thing work. Almost.

The one inch screen is now telling me not to disconnect thr nano from the computer, but it seems locked up and just sits there, laughing it's little Steve Jobbs giggle at my stupidity. I look at the apple logo as the nano mocks me and begin to wonder if the bite in the apple is meant to signify the amount of your total sanity these evil little devises must take from you before they succumb to your will and play music.

Just before we load up the car to go to dinner, I just unplug the darn thing, restart my computer and plug it back in. Hey it works!

I am now going to buy the car adapter to play the evil device over my truck's radio. If I have to take out the engine and re-install it to get the nano to work correctly I am going down to Cupertino to strangle the fist pony-tailed Apple employee I find.

Deap breaths, go to your happy place, go to your happy place....

No comments: