Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Cross dressing Taliban leader caught.

I keep hearing that the Middle East is all about Male honor, pride and ego, it seems that times are changing. Either that or he is one very progressive Taliban leader. I wonder if he has been stuck in his cave watching too many episodes of Queer as folk on Showtime.

Afghan soldiers have captured a Taliban leader who tried to flee a security operation in the south dressed in a burqa, NATO said on Wednesday.

Tuesday's capture in Kandahar province came as NATO launched a major offensive in neighbouring Helmand to secure a key hydroelectric dam and combat the opium trade.

The man was named as Mullah Mahmood and described as an expert bomb-maker. U.S.-led coalition forces also detained five more suspected militants in eastern Khost this week.

My money is on pure cowardice. Not that I would be any better, if I had NATO forces coming to kill me, I would dress up as Rossie O Donnell or Hillary Clinton if it would get me out of their sights.

Sorry for the mental picture of me dressed up as Rossie, not pretty is it?

No comments: