Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Maloofs should give me floor seats

It has been a while since my son and I attended a Sacramento Kings game, so when our friend Debbie asked if we wanted to go, I jumped at the chance. With tip off at 12:30 we went to the servants service at church.

It is a great idea for those who are the set up and tear down team at churches. Just a simple thirty minute service about an hour before the regular service. If you have ever been on a setup team or helped with daycare, been an usher or parking patrol, you know that you miss most if not all the sermon. So at 9:30 my son and I sat in the first few rows with fifteen or so others and listened to Pastor John talk about how every day things that seem like mundane rituals can be transformed into opportunities we can use to practice patience, service, humility and compassion. All the things we should strive towards as we put God in front of ourselves. Good message, great time.

Feeling refreshed, we headed to Arco for the Kings game.

Here is the part where I should say that I knew the Kings would beat the Pacific leading Suns, but that would not be true. I told more than a few people that I expected the Kings to loose by twenty points. I have always had a soft spot for the Suns, even though they now have Steve Nash, the Canadian. Did I ever mention that I hate Canada? I do, it goes back almost twenty years so I should be over it, but I'm not.

Anyhow, when they announced that Brad Miller would be out for the game my hopes grew. Without the 7 foot granite statue playing the Kings might have a chance to run with the Suns and defend the quick and powerful front line of Stoudemire and Marion.

As the game wore on and Bibby started knocking down threes in the fourth quarter, I actually believed the Kings would win, and win they did. 107 - 100

So Joe and Gavin, if you need a good luck charm for next year, I am availble for most home games. Judging by the empty seats in your 'sold out' arena, you could use a little Yolo Cowboy mojo.

No comments: