Saturday, March 31, 2007

Yolo Cowboys turns lefty

That's right, with the hypocrisy parade within the global warming community swelling it's ranks, I have decided to contribute. More on that later, for now lets look at the newest hypocrisy bandwagon jumper, John Travolta.

Is this the humble dwelling of an environmental champion? You bet it is, and this is just one of Travolta's houses. But thanks to Scientology, he's not worried, L. Ron has it all figured out.



Clocking up at least 30,000 flying miles in the past 12 months means he has produced an estimated 800 tons of carbon emissions – nearly 100 times the average Briton's tally.

Travolta made his comments this week at the British premiere of his movie, Wild Hogs.

He spoke of the importance of helping the environment by using "alternative methods of fuel" – after driving down the red carpet on a Harley Davidson.

Travolta, a Scientologist, claimed the solution to global warming could be found in outer space and blamed his hefty flying mileage on the nature of the movie business.

But his appointment as a "serving ambassador" for the Australian airline Qantas doesn't seem to have much to do with the movies. Nor does a recent, two-month round-the-world flying trip.

"It [global warming] is a very valid issue," Travolta declared. "I'm wondering if we need to think about other planets and dome cities.

"Everyone can do their bit. But I don't know if it's not too late already. We have to think about alternative methods of fuel.

"I'm probably not the best candidate to ask about global warming because I fly jets.

"I use them as a business tool though, as others do. I think it's part of this industry – otherwise I couldn't be here doing this and I wouldn't be here now."
What about the outer space solution John? Dome Cities? Where were your handlers from the Scientology church? You know they get upset when you start telling the world about the Thetans, that's the stuff you keep inside the castle dude.

Back to my turn twirling the baton at the hypocrisy parade.
This blogger, meat eater and cattle rancher is telling you not to eat meat.

It's terrible, it's murder, you are eating fear!

Do I sound credible? Do I sound courageous?

Nope. I just sound like a braying jackass, like Al Gore.

By the way, where is my Award?

No comments: