Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Song stuck in my head part III

I have done this to myself mind you, but I still feel the need to explain how I am being tortured by Sam and Dave.

If you have watched the 1980 film The Blues Brothers you have heard 'Hold on, I'm coming' performed by the duo Sam and Dave.


It was the music playing as they drove through the mall with the police in pursuit.
"Man, this mall has everything"

I love that song, but I have had the horn section intro going through my head for two days now. It is the default sound that my brain plays when ever it has a spare moment. I feel like a detainee at Gitmo, but this torture is self inflicted.

Well don't you ever be sad
Lean on me when times are bad
When the day comes and you're in doubt,
In a river of trouble, about to drown.

Hold on, I'm coming.
Hold on, I'm coming.
Hold on, I'm coming.

I hope I am now just a carrier and you have been infected.

2 comments:

Bismo said...

Could be worse songs I'm sure! Actually, "Hold On, I'm Coming" started being played just when Elwood started leading the cops through the Chicago streets... once they crashed into the mall their "theme song" was playing, the big, brass-filled "I Can't Turn You Loose" (from an old Otis Redding song). Yeah, it can get a bit sticky!
- Bismo (hailthetiki.com)

Walt Lucas said...

I have succeeded, almost. I went to lunch with my boss today and in the car I heard him whistling 'hold on'.

I am spreading the virus!