Friday, March 09, 2007

A house full of screaming 6 year olds.

I am not sure how to do it, but I think the future of alternate fuels has to be 6 year old girls. If we could harness the bouncing and dancing pent up inside their little energizer bunny bodies, we could tell OPEC to keep their oil. We just returned home from Woodland where our daughter spent the evening at a friend's birthday party. Wow.

The sound of the party was audible from 50 feet outside the home. Ten girls singing and dancing to Hanna Montana, mixed in with a few high pitched screams and giggles is enough to make a grown man wince. My wife and I thanked the mother for inviting our daughter, and while the girls tried to find all the clothes and accouterments one needs to bring to a pajama birthday party, I slipped out the door to 'go pull around the car'. Any excuse to get out of earshot.

I would estimate my daughter burned enough energy to run a 5 horse power lawn mower for three hours in the time she spent there. When I get home from work, I want to sit down and relax. Ah the joys of youth.

No comments: