Saturday, September 27, 2008

Paul Newman, dead at 83

Growing up as a boy on a ranch, I loved cowboy movies. I guess I still do. One of my favorite movies was Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The humor, the action, and of course, one of the best endings in a western.

Butch Cassidy: Hey, wait a minute.
Sundance Kid: What?
Butch Cassidy: You didn't see Lefors out there, did you?
Sundance Kid: Lefors? No.
Butch Cassidy: Oh, good. For a moment there I thought we were in trouble.
[They both run out of the building, only to be met with gunfire from all sides from the Bolivian army]
It also has the best fight scene in western history....


I was of fan of both Newman and Redford from that day forward.

Turner Classic Movies is a wonderful way to find great movies. I stumbled across the 1963 movie "Hud" a while back and I loved it. Newman's performance is remarkable as a hot headed, hard drinking, unprincipled ranchers son.



If you ever get a chance, throw of bag of popcorn in the microwave and enjoy.

No comments: