Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Give the guys in Gitmo a camera.

When I first heard of the Newsweek story of the alleged abuse of Muslim prisoners in Guantanimo Bay, I thought if it was true, what's was the big deal? I understand that to a Muslim the Koran is a much deeper symbol of his religion than my Bible is to me. It is said to be the actual word for word translation of God's message to the prophet Muhammad.

Ok, fine by me. I only have one question, when these same Muslims drive a carbomb into a Mosque that happens to belong to a different sect of Muslims, I bet they blow a couple dozen Korans into pieces. Where is the outrage in the Arab street at this?

If you gave the interrogators at Gitmo a digital camera and had them take a picture of a Koran being urinated on, they could apply for a National Endowment of the Arts grant.

Oh, wait, the NEA only pays for jewish or Christian symbols to be denigrated.

No comments: