Thursday, May 05, 2005

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Beekeeper cracks me up, yet again.

It reminds me of a story my buddy Dan tells about a guy he worked with a few years ago. This guy was Hispanic, a few generation removed from the home country. Dan asked if he had anything planned for Cinco de mayo. The guy said not really, he was just not that into it. He then added "but we sure whooped your ass back then".

My friend Dan replied " Are you under the impression that Mexico defeated America for it's independence?"

"Isn't that what Cinco de Mayo is?"the friend asked

Classic, just classic.

I bet that if you asked 100 twenty year old kids working at Blockbuster who we fought in the Revolutionary War you might get 11 or 12 that would answer correctly.

I guess I'll put down these stones now, I see some streaks in my glass house.......

No comments: