Saturday, April 22, 2006

A day without children is like...

Is like, a freaking vacation!

Please don't take this the wrong way, or take it however you wish, but I love our children. Really. I know at times they seem to have been placed into my life by the Lord to teach me patience and sacrifice, other times to test my sanity and humility. Taken as a whole, I think I will keep them, they are almost fully housebroken.

This morning while our daughter had spent the night with a friend and our son headed out the door to work with his Grandmother, I finished my coffee and looked at my wife. What are we going to do today?

Like most Saturday mornings we did not have any plans, but this is not like most Saturdays. We get to make the decision as to what we do, when we do it and how late to stay out. Unencumbered by the two miniature dictators who run our household with a somewhat less that benevolent reign, we have decided to visit our friends who are having a picnic gathering up the valley and then we are going on a date to see a movie. Lucky Number Slevin is our pick and the review will be up soon.

Tomorrow the children will be back jumping on our bed on Sunday morning and we will be back to normal. Normal is perfectly fine with me, I love those morning too.

No comments: