Friday, April 07, 2006

An open letter to Hezbollah

Michael Totten tells Hussein Naboulsi how the cow ate the cabbage.
What do you people expect? It's one thing when you trot out your impotent Death to America slogans. It's another thing altogether when you threaten and bully us personally. I'm not a wire agency reporter. When you talk to me you're on the record. When you say

'We know who you are, we read everything you write, and we know where you live," you're on the record. Of course I'm going to quote you. If you don't want to look like an a**hole in print, don't act like an a**hole in life.

Some journalists may cave under that kind of pressure. I almost did myself until my Lebanese friends - who know you much better than I ever will - reminded me that you guys like to puff up your chests to make yourselves look bigger and scarier than you actually are.
I wonder if he gets nervous when he starts his car in the morning?
I doubt it.

No comments: