Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Tony Snow takes one for the team.

I need money, lots of it, if you have any extra or old money that kinda smells funny and you want to part with it let me know. That being said, the President of the United States would have to back up several armored cars loaded with new twenty dollar bills into my barn and fill it to the rafters to get me to take the position of press secretary. I'm not sure how much money that would be, but it may not be enough.

To have to listen to David Gregory and his pink power tie lecture me for two minutes about a story before asking loaded questions is too much to ask of anyone. Then to have Helen Thomas ask about the governments role in bringing down the World Trade Center or something equally mind numbing would loose its charm after the first week. I am afraid President bush would send those armored cars back to my barn to empty it after a fortnight.

White House Press Secretary, the Yolo Cowboy tendered his resignation today after this exchange with the white house press corp.

"What are you talking about David?"

'Why does the President ride in a limousine at taxpayer expense while the rest of America is paying over three buck a gallon to his super rich, oil company buddies, is he that out of touch with the voters?'

"David, do you really want me to answer that question?"

'Yes I do, the American people are hurting and Bush flies all over and drives around all day without paying a cent.'

"Well David, because he is the President, he travels just like President Clinton did."

'You can't sit behind that podium and tell me that the President is too good to pump his own gas and pay for it.'

"Next question"

'You didn't answer my last question!'

"Settle down David, I have other people who would like to ask a question."

'Don't tell me to settle down you hillbilly, I don't even know how you got this job.'

"Ok, why don't you shut your mouth before I come down there and feed you your tie"

At that point the press briefing ended and the White House spokesman was led off the stage by the Secret Service before he reached Mr. Gregory.

No comments: