Thursday, December 21, 2006

Company Christmas Parties, don't be 'that' person

If you don't know who 'that' person is, you may already hold that title and are unaware. 'That' person is the man or woman who has three too many trips to the punch bowl and creates a bit of infamous company history for years to come. Every company has a story like this one.
Do you remember when 'insert name here' got plowed at the Christmas party and told 'insert good looking co-worker of the opposite sex's name here' that he/she should go to a motel and celebrate after the party and he/she slapped him/her silly? Or the party when 'that person' got smashed and told his supervisor that he was flaming jackass?
I have worked for a few companies that threw big Christmas parties and to tell the truth, I would rather have an extra day off and skip the cheese tray, catered dinner and open bar.

Remember, this advice is equally valuable at New Year's parties. Have a good time, stay off the sauce and offer someone a ride home. You will feel twice as good on New Year's Day, once because you are not hung over, and secondly because you may have saved someone life.

I try not to drive anywhere on New Years Eve, but this year I am going to see Todd Bolton play in Woodland. I am driving my Dodge 4x4 diesel truck to the concert, if I have to drive on New Year's Eve, I feel safer with 6,000 pounds of steel between me and 'that person' on my way home.

If you don't check back for a while, have yourself a very Merry Christmas.

No comments: