Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New Year's Eve plans in Yolo County?

What is there to do in Yolo County this new year's eve? I will bet there are more than a few parties put on by various groups, there is a party at the Woodland Opera House ,but for my money, I will be ringing in the new year with my buddy Todd Bolton and his band at the Eagle's Hall in Woodland. Todd is flying in from Nashville to play for the home town crowd.

I have been friends with Todd for more than fifteen years and I remember him playing the Madison Town Hall at what we affectionately refer to as 'Oakie Stomps'. The hall in the town of Madison, population 520, is about as large as your local dentist office, imagine it packed wall to wall with inebriated brush oakies and you get a sense of where Todd started. Dang, I had some fantastic times at those dances.

Todd has a few CD's under his belt now and performs regularly around Nashville. He plays great country music with a southern rock flair and he is a dynamic performer, he runs through the crowd and sings with his fans, it really is a great time.

I would imagine it will sell out, the Eagles Hall is not that large, but it will be rockin on New Year's Eve.

No comments: