Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day, time to build fence

The only thing I remember about Labor Day as a kid was the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon. We had three television channels growing up, one of them being the local PBS station, so on Labor Day there was either Jerry or Days of our lives to watch. Yea, I watched a lot of jugglers and bad animal acts on Labor Day.


Today we have 500 channels of tv, the internet, digital music and a vast array of ways to entertain ourselves. I also have a lot of work to do, so today I will fire up another technological marvel and entertain myself. I will be taking the portable welder out to the field and welding pipe for my corner posts.

Have a glass of lemonade and relax, its Labor day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had actually forgotten about the telethon until a couple of hours ago. Still haven't looked in.

I'd better at least surf by, or I'll feel guilty for the rest of the ... afternoon.