Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I need to be on another board or committee like I need a lecture on peace from Ahmadinejad.

I'm sorry but I can't.

I must practice this phrase until it becomes my default answer when asked if I can help out. I am so bleepin busy right now with all the organizations I belong to, the church I attend, as well as the kids sports and music, I need to schedule a time for my emotional breakdown. I think I can fit it in between small group Bible study and the next Cattleman's meeting. Maybe.

I guess its better than being an angry and bitter cynic. I could fill my time going to 'die-ins' or march at the '9/11 was an inside job' rally, but I guess I don't have that much irrational hatred built up inside just yet. Maybe if I spent my time watching Keith Olberman and reading Paul Krugman that would start me in the right direction. Throw in some Sean Penn, and Al Gore speeches and I could be down at the Capitol lobbying for a full blown retreat from Iraq, free health care, as well as a driver's licenses and Toyota Prius for every trans-gendered Illegal alien who signs up.

Or not.

I think I may just need a few good nights of sleep, and a relaxing evening at home tormenting the cat with my guitar.

Good night now.


No comments: