Saturday, December 22, 2007

I've been tagged

I've been tagged by Morgan over at House of Eratosthenes. Ok, so here are my responses

1. Wrapping or gift bags?
Both, I actually enjoy wrapping presents, but sometimes for odd shaped items a gift bag works best.

2. Real or artificial tree?
Real. No discussion. If it doesn't smell like a pine forest and pose a real fire danger in your house, why bother?

3. When do you put up the tree?
We don't have a traditional time to put up the tree, we put it up at least two weeks before Christmas. I haven't cut down a Christmas tree my self for 30 years or so. I'm sure why I don't. I spend enough time cutting my own firewood.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Some time between the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Yup. A little too much.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A silver Vogt spade bit from my Dad. (part of the horse's bridle)

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Not really, its a Christmas village. No Baby Jesus. I think the dogs knocked over our nativity and broke Marry.

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
One year my Dad waited until Christmas Eve to shop and the only store open after work was a True Value Hardware Store. I can't remember what it was, but it was pretty lame.

9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
I made our family Christmas cards this year with the family photo and everything.

10. Favorite Christmas movie?
Strange Brew doesn't really count as a Christmas movie does it?
A Christmas Story. My daughter and I went out on a father daughter date night with our church and we saw the play of A Christmas Story at the Woodland Opera House, it was great.

11. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
When ever I find something cool. I have stuff hidden all over the house for months.

12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Holiday cookies I am ashamed to say.

13. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored, and this we found an amazing new way to do it. Net lights, they are the same little bulbs layed out like a 4 foot by 5 foot net with the lights 6 inches apart. Two nets, one on the bottom of the tree, one net on top and one strand of old fashioned lights to fill in the last foot of the tree on top and presto, the tree is lit. Quick and easy, but there is one draw back, the lights are almost too symmetrical, there are no bald spots or cluttered spots. You OCD folks will love them.

14. Favorite Christmas song?
Grandma got ran ove............... No I hate that song.
I love to hear 'The Carol of the Bells" its wonderful.

The Yolo Cowboys tags;

Matt Rexroad
The Llama Butchers
Karbon Kounty Moos

Rules are…:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3. Tag random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

No comments: