Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Red Bluff Bull Sale 2008

Hey folks, its time to make you're hotel reservation for the Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale.

If you have ever wanted to see what a working ranch horse should look like, you should go to Red Bluff. The sale horses are sifted by a small army of vets so you will know what you are getting. A great selection of range ready bulls from all breeds will be judged and sold. I am very happy with the Brangus bull I bought there in 04'. This is not him, he isn't as shiny, but he throws great calves.


Actually you might be a little late for some hotels. This year we are contemplating taking the travel trailer and staying behind the fairgrounds. I am not sure that I am up to the social gatherings around the beer cooler and the Wild Turkey bottle, or Friday night at the Palomino Room for that matter. It might just be a few friends and the camp with a guitar for music.

I go up on Thursday and stay through Saturday morning. I like to watch the cutting horse entries and the working cow horses on Thursday, and try to see the working cowdogs compete.


I get up early Friday from the Cowboy's Pancake Breakfast and then stroll through the vendor areas to check out all the tack, cowboy art and saddles. I usually meet a dozen or so folks I only see at the Bull Sale.

I will be extra good this year because my wife will be going along with me, not that I am that bad when she's not there. In my drinking days it was a different story. I once challenged every man in the Palomino Room to see who was the toughest, but that is a another story for another posting.

Hope to see you there.

No comments: