Thursday, February 14, 2008

Mark McKinnon, what did he say?

This story seemed to get my attention this morning.
On Wednesday, a top adviser to John McCain said more definitively than he has in the past that he will step down from the Arizona senator's presidential campaign if the presumed GOP nominee faces Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., in the general election.

"I would simply be uncomfortable being in a campaign that would be inevitably attacking Barack Obama," said McCain adviser Mark McKinnon in an interview with NPR's "All Things Considered." "I think it would be uncomfortable for me, and I think it would be bad for the McCain campaign."


I have always thought McKinnon was as good as you can get in the world of media managers.
I'm not sure how you keep from firing the guy with his statement today, but you sure don' t want him on the other side come November.

2 comments:

the mercurial helmsman said...

When he said that, I wonder if he was considering the possibility of racism entering the campaign. He sounded really freaked out by whatever he was thinking.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=18958535

Unknown said...

Hi Yolo Cowboy,

I can't find any contact info for you on your blog, so I'm hoping you'll see this message.

I'm Claire St. John, reporter for the Davis Enterprise, and I'm writing a story about Yolo County's political blog. Would you mind giving me a call or sending me an e-mail so we can chat?

My number is 530-747-8057 and my e-mail is cstjohn@davisenterprise.net.

I enjoyed reading your blog and hope to hear from you.

Thanks!
Claire.