Monday, September 20, 2004

Back in Yolo County.......

Well back here in the real world, or my world at least, events move at a speed of forged documents through a fax machine at Kinkos.

Our first inclement weather of the year hit on Sunday the 19th. A severe thunderstorm dumped two inches of rain on our Capital City. Too bad the legislature was in recess. The local alfalfa growers were taken by surprise, as many stacks of hay sat out in the rain. The local cattle ranchers smile at the possibility of cheaper rain damaged hay for the winter, and the promise of a good feed year. However, this being Yolo county, the mercury will soon be back in the high 80's and this rain will be long forgotten by this weekend.

Capay Valley 4-H has started, I am still debating if I will have the time to be leathercraft leader.
It's a great group of kids and parents. My son will be showing his horse this year. Thursday night is "spaghetti Dinner" at Woodland Christian School. The yearly fund raiser is a great place to meet the staff and support the wonderful work that the school does.
Why do I send my children to private school, well I'll tell you it is not because I have money falling ouy of my pockets. As I stated in my first post, I am starting a new Business, I have no income at this point. My wife and I put our children first, just as 15% of public school teachers do.
I would love to be driving a new 4-door, four wheel drive Dodge diesel pickup. The money we pay for our children's school would more than pay for it. The thing that bothers me the most is I still have to pay taxes for a school that my children do not attend! In addition to the local school district fees on my new house.

That will have to be whole new blog some other day.

I will attend the next meeting of the Esparto Chamber of Commerce.
Yes, we have one, I think?



No comments: