Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Yolo County Registrar to residents; I will let you know if you can vote.

Some time ago I read a story from the Woodland newspaper The Daily Democrat, or as we call it, The Daily disappointment. It featured a story on Freddie Oakley, the County Registrar.
"Oakley said she would not hold a special election unless ordered to do so by a judge. The special election will cost Yolo County about $300,000 at time when cash and resources are especially tight. Statewide, local governments will shell out about $70 million."
She is the poster child for the liberal cause. I won't carry out my constitutional duties unless I get an order from a judge? I would like to see the org chart for the county registrar to see just when it was placed under the judicial branch of government. Why does she think she gets to choose who to obey?
"I'll defy this governor," she added, "but I don't know if I could defy a Superior Court judge."
Mrs. Oakley must have her eyes on a bigger office than County Registrar, that's fine by me, she should run for any office she would like, unless a Republican is the new County Registrar, that person may not put democrats on the ballot unless ordered by George W Bush. Her and her husband's thoughts about the HAVA funds are laughable. She mentions Kevin Shelley concern over the Diebold machines. Maybe the Oakleys should have been looking into the use of HAVA funds for Democratic Party uses. (allegedly)
If the machines are misused, they assert, it can only be because of malign interference. Well, it seems to us that in these perilous times times malign interference is a very real threat. California's secretary of state, Kevin Shelley, apparently shares our concerns
Just a thought Mrs. Oakley, keep your personal politics away from your paid duties.

No comments: