Thursday, August 04, 2005

Robert Novak's Happy Gilmore moment.

If I had to listen to James Carville for more than 30 minutes, it would take all my effort and will power not to go 'Happy" on Mr. Matlin.

Carville and Novak were both trying to speak while they were handicapping the GOP candidacy of Katherine Harris. Novak said the opposition of the Republican establishment in Florida might not be fatal for her.

"Let me just finish, James, please," Novak continued. "I know you hate to hear me, but you have to."

Carville, addressing the camera, said: "He's got to show these right wingers that he's got a backbone, you know. It's why the Wall Street Journal editorial page is watching you. Show 'em that you're tough."

"Well, I think that's bull---- and I hate that," Novak replied. "Just let it go."

As moderator Henry stepped in to ask Carville a question, Novak walked off the set

While I applaud Novak for his honesty, I think he has been in the beltway so long he is no longer relevant as a conservative voice.

No comments: