Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Something is terribly wrong.

It is opening day at the Yolo County Fair and the temperature has not reached 100 degrees. Call it climate change, call it magic from those little elves that make cookies in that tree, whatever it is, I like it. One our friends in FFA is showing a hog at the County Fair and a ram at the State Fair. He is a busy camper.

One of things I like most about the fair is the interaction with people and livestock, besides the corn dogs. I enjoy the quizzical looks from the urban dwellers at they gaze upon the cloven hoofed critters that make up their dinner. This is closer than most will get to what made up the cellophane package of hamburger they ate last night.

Is that a sheep? What is those 'thingies' hanging down there, Ewww! it's peeing!

I guess that's what I act like on the number 4 train to the Bronx for a Yankees game.

No comments: