Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Who Would Jesus Assassinate?

When ever I see the name Pat Roberts in the headlines, I know he has said or done something stupid. This is his most recent example.

You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war, and I don’t think any oil shipments will stop.


Leaving the question open as to the effectiveness of assassinating a foreign leader who has not called for attacks or Jihad on America, what purpose does Roberts serve in sending that message for the world to see? This story will be on the top of hour news on AlJazeera and every other outlet in the Arab world. Followed by the analysis that the Christian cabal that runs the United States has just told the rest of the world that unless you surrender your nation to the Christian warlords, you will be assassinated.

Nice work Pat.

I have never been a fan of televangalists. They rub me the wrong way. Most of them plead weekly that unless they hear from you this week, they will have cut programming in your area. Maybe the Lord doesn't want you on 80 channels. Maybe the lord wants you to go out and serve peanut butter sandwiches to the homeless in you town. Pat Robertson has every right to call himself a Christian, I just wish he were handing out BPJs down on main street instead of spouting off his personal views on television.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I followed you here from your Dummocrats comment (check the link in your profile there, btw - it has an extra http in it so I got redirected to Microsoft some kind of way) and enjoyed your post on this. Your title was WAY better than mine. :-)

I also liked the sandwich story, that's going to stick with me just as well as peanut butter does.