Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fender's New American Standard

Ok, so what is going on with Fender? Is this some new slick marketing campaign or has Fender turner the corner on the American Standard when it comes to consistency, fit and finish?

Don't get me wrong, I am not a guitar guru. I play my all black Lite Ash Telecaster a few times a week and I am not good, but I love guitars.
Not quite in the same as my affection for hand crafted bolt action riffles, but close.

I did see a new Tele that I really liked the other day. It was matte black with EMG dual humbuckers, no tone knob just a volume knob, its the Jim Root Telecaster. The sound is incredible. Raw, thick with just a bit of the Tele spank. My son likes it a lot. He wants me to trade in my Lite Ash for it.


I don't think so. I am a traditionalist. I like the looks and the classic 50s stying of my Tele.

No comments: