Thursday, January 31, 2008

Ose vs. Oller vs. Egland for Doolittle's seat

This should be a race to watch.

Former Rep. Doug Ose, R-Sacramento, will announce Friday his candidacy for the House seat being vacated by Rep. John Doolittle, Sacramento-area Republicans were told Wednesday in an e-mail.

Doug Elmets, a political consultant who has worked for Ose before, declined to confirm the report from Carl Burton, president of Republicans of River City.

Ose held the Sacramento area's 3rd Congressional District seat from 1999 until 2005, when he retired to keep a promise to serve no more than three terms. He would face a primary in which former state Sen. Rico Oller, R-San Andreas, and national security consultant Eric Egland have already announced.

I Like Doug Ose, I've met him a time or two, I really like what I have heard about Egland, I'm not too sure about Oller.

It should be fun.

No comments: