Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ok, I'm ready to see the sun.

As someone with a vested interest in agriculture, I am always watching the weather forecast. With two dry winters in a row, I was a bit worried about the possibility of a third and the dramatic cuts in the amount of water made available to farmers within our water district. I am feeling much better with the soaking rains of December and January.

I would like to see a break in the next few day for the Red Bluff Bull and Gelding Sale, but it looks more likely we'll see snow before we will see the sun.

Oh well, a soggy trip to the bull sale beats a sunny trip to Fresno.

1 comment:

Walt Lucas said...

Wow, I just returned home through some flooded highways and swollen streams.
I checked the rain gauge, 3 1/4" of rain since Friday morning.

I'm glad it did stop raining today or I may have had to swim home.